Thanks to Trop50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 Fabulous Wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous!
* * *
I'm a blogger. I read blogs. Some of them are good, some of them are great. Some of them are fabulous.
For me, a fabulous blogger isn't necessarily the blogger with the biggest following or one that always makes me laugh (although I do like a good chuckle). A fabulous blogger is one that makes me care about what he or she has to say -- and want to come back for more every day.
Here are five of my favorite bloggers. Or, my list of the absolutely fabulous!
|Ah, AbFab . . . how I miss you . . .|
1. The first fabulous blogger on my list is someone who I have become friends with in real life, after getting to know her through her blog: Amanda from Manderz Journey to a New Life.
Amanda rocks. She's lost over 100lbs and has kept it off for over a year. She's also a mom, a terrific runner, and just a super-sweet person in general. She inspires other people to go after their goals, especially their weight-loss ones. She's proof positive that if you want something enough, you can have it. She's lost a HUGE amount of weight, has kept it off, has run a marathon and 6 half marathons and keeps on going! She doesn't make excuses -- she's goes out and gets it done.
2. Next up is Denise from Happiness . . . One Mile At a Time. Denise is one of those runners who I look at and think, "Wow. I would love to run like her one day." She works HARD and runs WELL. Super well. Super fast! And, super long. She qualified for and ran the 2011 Boston Marathon and is also an ultra-marathoner AND is now training for a triathlon. She's also had the misfortune of having to battle some annoying, troublesome injuries but she always seems to win the battle.
I really enjoy reading about Denise's training because she is dedicated to being the absolute best runner she can be and she always puts herself out there. She's honest about the highs and the lows of training. She's an inspiration (makes sense that she's also a Brooks ID (inspire daily) runner!).
3. This blogger is one who definitely fits into the "big blogger" category (not big like, physically, but big like, lots of people read her): MizFit -- MizFit Online. She writes about all things fitness all the time. And she's one fit mama (she does, indeed, have a little girl for whom she must be an awesome role model). She has an entertaining style and she writes about fitness and wellness issues that matter to every day people in their every day lives. She encourages questions and conversation and her site is just a great resource for all things fitness-y!
4. And now, Marlene who blogs at Mission to a(nother) Marathon. Marlene is one of those bloggers who I really hope to meet in real life one day (yikes, hope no one thinks that is too stalker-y!!). I've followed her running for a few years and have watched her running get better and better. Most recently, I rooted for her as she ran her Boston Marathon qualifying race a few weeks ago. Marlene is an upbeat blogger who is always fun to read.
5. Last on the fabulous list is Kristina at Mother Running Rampant. Kristina used to have a blog (Marathon Mama) on competitor.com and she recently changed things up and started the new blog that I've linked to here. I think Kristina is fabulous because a) she writes the way I wish I could write and b) she runs the way I wish I could run. You could say I have some blogger envy and you wouldn't be wrong.
I guess the truth is that I'm a little envious of all five of the bloggers I've listed here. They are fabulous, maybe even absolutely fabulous, and, sure, I'd love a little of that kind of fabulosity for myself. But, alas, I'll be satisfied reading their blog posts and enjoying hanging out with them in the virtual world. I highly recommend that you point your little browser pointer thingy in the direction of their blogs and start hanging out with them, too!
* * *
Don't forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation to use and facilitate my post.