Monday, November 8, 2010

Firefly toothbrush review.

If you have kids, you may have struggled with the whole tooth brushing thing at one point or another. I know I have. My 3-year old pretty consistently complains about having to brush his teeth before we go someplace in the morning. He also claims to be done brushing well before he really is. So I feel like I'm always hocking him to brush his teeth, or brush them better. And that's a bit of a pain.

Fortunately for me, I recently had the opportunity to try out Dr. Fresh's Firefly toothbrush, the Float'N Firefly:


Made specifically for kids, the toothbrush has a light-up timer that lasts for a minute, to encourage kids to brush longer and more thoroughly. It's really pretty cool.

As soon as we got the toothbrush, my son wanted to try it out. He loves that it lights up and also that it has a cute little base for the toothbrush to sit in. He now brushes for the whole minute that the toothbrush is lit, and often asks me to light it up again and he'll brush longer. The added bonus is that he often asks to brush his teeth at different times during the day. So, now that we're using the Float'N Firefly, my son is brushing his teeth both more often and for longer. That's a real win for me!

I can see that this would be best for kids of my son's age, maybe a little younger and a little older.

The toothbrushes are available at Target, K-Mart, Walgreens and several other stores. You can find a list of retailers on the site here.

Amazonhas the Float'N Firefly toothbrushes available in a range of prices -- from $21.65 for 12 toothbrushes down to $2.99 for one. They also have other versions available as well.

Review disclosure: I was sent a toothbrush for review purposes. I was not otherwise compensated and the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment