Friday, October 29, 2010

HALO Sleepsack Swaddle review.

Just a few days before my son was born, I received the perfect item to review: The HALO Sleepsack Swaddle, size newborn. Excellent!

I used HALO Sleepsacks for my first son (until he was almost 3!), but had never used the Sleepsack Swaddle so I was really interested in trying it out. Basically, it is a sleepsack wearable blanket that has a detachable, adjustable swaddle feature. According to the HALO site:
The 2-in-1 SleepSack Swaddle hugs your baby to prevent the startle reflex - allowing your little one to sleep more soundly. The SleepSack Swaddle replaces loose blankets for safer sleep and allows your baby to stay safe, warm and cozy all night long. 
This is clearly a product for people like me who know that babies love to be swaddled, but who can't make a tight swaddle with regular blankets to save their lives. The Sleepsack Swaddle keeps babies wrapped and warm! For us, that has meant better sleep. My son is now about 3 weeks old and I have used the HALO Sleepsack Swaddle since he was a few days old. Every time I have used it, he's slept comfortably and I've felt confident that he's warm enough without a blanket.

Look at that peacefully sleeping little guy:


The product is easy to use and has some good features: It zips from the bottom up, which makes checking and changing a diaper easy; the velcro pad is large so you can make your swaddle as tight or loose as you'd like.

Unfortunately, I did find one downside to the HALO Sleepsack Swaddle: The sizing. I received a size newborn, which is supposed to be for babies 0-3 months, weighing from 6-12lbs, measuring 19-23 inches. My son is now 9lbs and 20.5 inches and he is now too big for the sleepsack. I'm bummed, because I really like it and would like him to still be able to wear it. But, it is simply too small.

Overall, I like this product and will use the larger size sleepsacks as my son grows. I only wish he could have been in the newborn one for as long as the product information says he should.

You can purchase the HALO Sleepsack Swaddle at Target, Babies R US and Buy Buy Baby. You can also order it online from those stores as well as Diapers.com, HALOSleep.com and Amazon.com. Right now, Amazon has the cotton Sleepsack Swaddleon sale for $19.00, with free shipping (it is regularly $24.95).

Review disclosure: I received a free product for review but was not otherwise compensated. The opinions expressed are entirely my own.

2 comments:

  1. yours is super cute! I have 2 fleece ones in green and yellow and use it ALL the time - every night for sleeping. For naps, I use only the swaddle part. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice and informative blog..Sleep sacks is one of the best methods to prevent the risk of SIDS..Get Baby sleepsack at reasonable price..

    ReplyDelete