This is sponsored content from BlogHer and Crystal Light Pure Fitness.As I mentioned on my Crystal Light: Pure Fitness home page, for the next few weeks I'll be writing about Crystal Light: Pure Fitness and a variety of related topics. This week, we're all about favorite summer activities.
Let's see, since I go by The Happy Runner you can imagine that I like to run. And it's true: I'm a runner and I love it. Love. It. But, I admit that sometimes in the summer it can be tough to get in all my runs. The heat, vacations, busy schedules, etc., etc., can sometimes get in the way. For shame, right? I know!
Anyway, I know that staying active is important and summer is the perfect time to get outside and do things that (in the Northeast, at least) you can't do other times of the year. Doing them helps me stay active and not guilty on those days when I can't fit in the run. For me, those activities include:
- Going for nature walks with my husband and son
- Playing catch in the yard
- Taking advantage of our playset by really swinging and actually trying to balance on that rope swing
- Going on walks (and sometimes runs) with other moms
- Hitting the town beach
What I have found is that a little planning goes a long way when it comes to summertime activities:
- I try to make sure that I always have clean running clothes around (sounds obvious, I know, but you'd be surprised to know how many times I've wanted to run only to find all of my sports bras are in the hamper),
- I keep an easy to digest snack by my bedside table to I can fuel up before a morning run,
- I always bring my running gear with me on vacation,
- I have a beach bag packed with essentials (sunscreen, beach towels, shovels) in the back of my car, and
- I make sure I have convenient, healthy snacks and drinks in the house all the time.
When I was sent a pack of Crystal Light: Pure Fitness to try out, one of my favorite features was the "toss in the purse" size tube that the powdered drink comes in. For my family, the one serving pack actually makes two big drinks, which means my son and I can both have one when we're out and about. I just need to grab a cold water and we're all set.
So that's my deal. Running. A few other fun things. Planning and preparation.
What about you? What are your favorite summer activities?
Think about it and leave me a comment. Every comment left on this post is an entry for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card at the end of the month (comments from all posts will be combined; you can leave comments on more than one -- or all! -- post to receive multiple entries).
You can also check out the other bloggers that are writing about Crystal Light: Pure Fitness for three other chances to win $100 as well as a $1,000 sweepstakes by visiting the BlogHer.com Crystal Light: Pure Fitness exclusive offers page.
Learn more about Crystal Light: Pure Fitness here and read the official rules here. Good luck!