I'm a Subway fan in large part because you can add tons of veggies to their subs at no cost. Plus, the subs are a normal size, not huge like some places make them. I don't know about you, but when I get a huge sub, I eat more. It just happens. With Subway, I'm eating a more appropriate amount of food.
Anyway, about the breakfast.
My son and I headed to Subway to check out what they had to offer. They have five breakfast sandwiches:
- Western Egg & Cheese
- Egg & Cheese
- Black Forest Ham, Egg & Cheese
- Double Bacon, Egg & Cheese
- Steak, Egg & Cheese
I added a coffee to my breakfast and an orange juice for my son. Overall, we liked our breakfast. The sandwiches tasted fresh -- certainly fresher than those packaged egg sandwiches at most fast-food restaurants. They weren't greasy, either, which was a bonus.
Will I go back and have the Subway breakfast again? Yes, I will. Like I said, I already like Subway but if the breakfast hadn't been good, I wouldn't go again. We both liked what we ordered and I would like to try out some of the other sandwiches, maybe even going for the egg white ones sometimes.
You can check out the nutrition information here (PDF).
Now, how would you like to try some breakfast?
This giveaway is for a $10 gift card to Subway to check out their new breakfast options. Lucky for you, there will be THREE winners! Woo hoo!
To enter, let me know which breakfast sandwich you would like to try.
As always, you can gain a few additional entries (leave one comment per entry for the additional ones to count):
- Follow this blog or my other blog, or let me know that you already do (leave a comment)
- Link to this giveaway from your blog (leave a comment)
- Become a fan of Subway on Facebook (leave a comment)
- Follow Subway on Twitter -- @SUBWAYFreshBuzz (leave a comment)
- Become a fan of The Happy Runner on Facebook (leave a comment)
- Link to this giveaway from Facebook or Twitter (leave a comment each time)
Review/giveaway disclosure: I was given a gift card with which to try the breakfast. I was not compensated in any other way for this review/giveaway and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.