Wednesday, May 5, 2010

RhythmBRA review

Do you run with an iPod strapped to your arm and find it a little annoying? Do you carry your cell phone when running outdoors, letting the sweat from your hands drip all over the phone? Do you often wonder what the heck to do with your car keys when you forget to wear running shorts with a little pocket? Yes? Well, then I have just the sports bra for you: The RhythmBRA.

I was recently sent a RhythmBRA, a new sports bra from Lyoness Sportswear, to review. As soon as I saw it, I had to quickly file it under the, "Why didn't I think of that?" category.

The bra is genius.

Here's what it looks like:


Now, I don't like to run with music and I don't even own an iPod so when I was first contacted by Nancy Jane, the owner of the company, I thought the bra might not be for me. But, then I checked it out a little more and saw this on the web site: "The RhythmBRA is a sports bra with a patent pending center pocket built into the fabric of the bra. It holds any number of items, including your MP3 player, cellular telephone, credit card as well as money."

Ah-ha! I often run with my phone, especially now that I'm pregnant because you never know when something could happen. Pregnant or not, when running outdoors -- especially alone -- it is far better to be safe than sorry and carrying a cell phone will allow you to call for help if you are hurt or -- worse -- attacked (You can read more about running safety here.)

Anyway, I run with my phone and, when I do, I have to carry it in my hands. And my hands get pretty sweaty pretty quickly, which means so does my phone! It's gross.

So, I decided to check out the RhythmBRA and see how it would work for a cell phone.

Well, as I said before, the thing is genius. Seriously! First, the bra is made of a fairly firm, padded material with a flat pocket built-in to the center of the bra. If you don't put anything in the pocket, you wouldn't really know it is there. When I put my phone in, it fit well and the pocket almost formed around the phone. I was worried that the phone would bounce and that it would pound on my chest. It did neither. Once I got started on my run, I noticed the phone for a minute or so and then didn't. It never bothered me, never bounced, never pounded on my chest. What's more, the RhythmBRA is a good sports bra! Innovative center pocket aside, the bra was supportive and comfortable.

I've worn my RhythmBRA several times now, with my phone in the center pocket, and I have to say I'm pleased with it. I don't know exactly how it works for an iPod but I imagine it works well, since it held my phone with no problem. Overall, I highly recommend this sports bra!

The bra retails for $36, two for $60, and is available on the Lyoness Sportswear web site here.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting... I sometimes stuff gels in my bra (weird, I know), but the packages have torn up my skin in the past. This could work.

    My concern with using it for a phone or mp3 player would be moisture. I don't know about you, but my bras are often soaked when I'm done. Did the material around the pocket stay dry?

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, the material did stay pretty dry. I think it is the firmer, thicker material that they use -- it doesn't get as soaked as my regular bras. The wetness was always my problem with carrying my phone because my hands get really sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, that's a very smart idea.

    ReplyDelete