Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hood Simply Smart Milk review and contest info

My family is a 1% milk drinking family. We can't do skim and I don't want all the extra fat from 2% or whole, although they are certainly creamier and I know my son and husband would prefer that. But low fat wins out because I do the grocery shopping!

Hood, however, would like to change that. They make Simply Smart Milk, which has "all the taste, without all the fat." The low-fat milk is designed to taste richer and creamier than regular low-fat milk. According to Hood, they have developed "an innovative and natural way to deliver a low-fat milk that still tastes delicious by using ultra-filtration to remove some of the water that otherwise makes low-fat milk lack taste and texture. Because Simply Smart offers "all the taste, without all the fat" it is a great, healthy substitute for recipes that call for milk."


To test out the claim, I was sent some gift certificates for the milk. I went for the 1%, since that is what we normally drink. The milk was definitely creamier but it otherwise tasted like regular milk. I have to say that, at first, I wondered if it would taste funky but it didn't! I only noticed the creamier texture.

Another thing that I liked about the milk is that Hood states it is committed to purchasing milk from farmers who do not use artificial growth hormones.

Hood Simply Smart Milk is sold by me at Hannaford and Wal-Mart and was right in line with the price of other milks.

You can download coupons here.

Contest!

Here's some information on Hood's Simply Smart contest that will send some lucky peeps to sunny Florida this fall!

Simply Smart and tennis legend Chris Evert, are offering a fun contest for tennis players, golfers -- and all-around warm weather lovers! One lucky winner will receive a "grand slam” trip for two to the 2010 Chris Evert/Raymond James Pro-Celebrity Tennis Classic Weekend in Boca Raton, Florida, Nov. 5-7. Readers can sign up at BeSimplySmart.com by clicking “Contest.”

The VIP weekend includes:

* Round-trip airfare and ground transportation
* A two-night stay for two at the Boca Raton Resort & Club
* Opportunity for one person to participate in the Pro-Am Tennis event with Chris Evert
* Opportunity for one person to play in the Golf Classic with Greg Norman
* Invitations to the Celebrity Classic Cocktail Party and the Gala Dinner Dance
* Two tickets for both sessions of the Pro-Celebrity Tennis Classic
* Access to the VIP Hospitality Suite at the Tennis Classic

So head over to BeSimplySmart.com to enter and good luck!

Review disclaimer: I was sent gift certificates for free milk for this review. I was not compensated in any other way and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

PS: Remember to enter the Subway gift card giveaway!



No comments:

Post a Comment