Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cheribundi review.

A while ago, I was fortunate to receive four sample bottles of a new drink, Cheribundi, to try out and review. I say fortunate because I wouldn't have even thought to try a tart cherry juice and that would have been too bad.

Now, I am a cranberry juice, pomegranate juice and lemon fan, all of which are on the tart side so it make sense that the tart cherry juice appealed to me. Someone with less of a taste for tartness might not enjoy the juice as much.

For this review, I tried two bottle of Tru Cherry, one of Whey Cherry and one of Skinny Cherry. My favorite of the three was the Tru Cherry, but all three were tasty! Here's some information on the three varieties from the Cheribundi web site:

Tru Cherry

Tru Cherry™ is your cheribundi™ if you:
  • want to feel better so you can keep moving
  • have an active lifestyle or exercise regularly
  • eat balanced meals to get the nutrients your body needs

Tru Cherry™ offers you:

  • 50 cherries (1/2 pound of fruit)
  • 2 servings of fruit
  • an abundance of antioxidants and nutrients
INGREDIENTS: TART CHERRY JUICE, WATER, APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE (AS A SWEETENER).

Skinny Cherry

Skinny Cherry™ is your cheribundi™ if you:

  • want great taste without too much sugar and unnecessary calories
  • have an active lifestyle or exercise regularly
  • eat balanced meals to get the nutrients your body needs

Skinny Cherry™ offers you:

  • 40 cherries
  • 90 calories (fewer than Tru Cherry™)
  • all-natural Stevia for a full, delicious taste
  • an abundance of antioxidants and nutrients
INGREDIENTS: TART CHERRY JUICE, WATER, REB A (NATURAL STEVIA LEAF SWEETENER).

Whey Cherry

Whey Cherry™ is your cheribundi™ if you:

  • play sports competitively or for fun
  • train for athletic events from triathlons to fun runs
  • eat balanced meals to get the nutrients your body needs

Whey Cherry™ offers you:

  • 45 cherries
  • 8 grams of whey protein
  • a powerful ratio of nutrients, carbs and protein
INGREDIENTS: TART CHERRY JUICE, WHEY PROTEIN (WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, PHOSPHORIC ACID, CITRIC ACID), WATER, APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE (AS A SWEETENER), NIACINAMIDE (NIACIN), CALCIUM D-PANTOTHENATE (PANTOTHENIC ACID), PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (B6), RIBOFLAVIN, THIAMINE MONONITRATE (THIAMIN), FOLIC ACID, BIOTIN, CYANOCOBALAMIN (B12), AND MALTODEXTRIN. CONTAINS MILK.

Additionally, the cherries in all Cheribundi juices are grown in the United States, in Michigan and New York. To me, products that don't import their ingredients from far away score high points. In fact, I am one of those people who will gladly pay more for local produce, local meats and cheeses, etc. Cheribundi qualifies as local-ish in my book, because I'm a New York stater!

Anyway, I drank my Cheribundi right from the bottle and mixed with seltzer to make a spritzer. I liked it as a regular juice but really enjoyed it as part of a spritzer. The flavor of the Cheribundi juices is strong, so diluting them with seltzer doesn't take much away from them.

Overall, I liked this juice and would consider purchasing it. However, until recently they didn't have a very wide distribution. The juice is available for purchase on the Cheribundi web site and is making its way into stores. In fact, this past weekend I went to my local Hannaford and there was a Cheribundi end-cap in the natural foods section. A four pack of the juice was being sold for $7.99.

Review disclaimer: I received a free sample of the juice for review. I was not compensated in any way and the opinions expressed are entirely my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment